Monday, June 4, 2012

J.M, 16, Satellite Academy in The Bronx


There was this one time when I was walking to class and the principal stopped me because I was not in uniform. My old school had a dress code that we were suppose to follow which were black / grey or khaki pants & a collar shirt of any color besides red, because of gang problems. I was suspended for 5 days; I was really upset and mad. Mad at the fact that I was suspended for such little thing. My mom came in and spoke about my suspension and she said " My daughter shouldn't be getting suspended for dress code, you could've sent her home and called me instead of taking it this far. " Days passed and I remained in a basement doing work with kids I didn't know kids that were misbehaving, cursing, throwing things around and disrespecting the teacher that was watching us.  This is unfair, this should STOP NOW!
                                                                                               
J.M, 16, Satellite Academy in The Bronx 

No comments:

Post a Comment